Monday, November 28, 2011

Happy Merry Study Break

Happy Thanksgiving! Yes I know I'm a few days late.

How was yalls Thanksgiving?

Mine was kind of on the quite side this year. One of my step brothers, the loudest of the brood, and his wife are in China for the year so we were missing two.

I wasn't planning on heading home till late Wednesday, after a client, however she needed to leave town earlier than anticipated so I was home by 11:30am. Where I was put right to work raking, my least favorite yard work. We ran some errands and then Melissa, my stepmom, started in on Turkey day prep while dad and I sat around lazily.

The next morning I woke up to this...


homemade, even the crust, Apple Pie that Melissa made!

After sticking I the pumpkin pie, my first ever,  in the oven we started on feast 1 of the day; bacon, eggs, and biscuits while watching the Macy's parade. My favorite part is always the part before the parade actually begins, with all the Broadway shows. Every year I am amazed that the stupid shows they come up with, this year was Spiderman...really? I watched a good part of the parade before I headed to the gym and attacked the Stair Beast. On the way home swung by Walmart and waited in this...


for one item that was forgotten.

About an hour later we were eating. About 30 after that we were on the sofa watching the Cowboys game. To kill some time before the BIG GAME I took the dog for a walk and of course to burn a few extra calories. Which by the way, I didn't eat as great as I had wanted however, I did manage to still lose 2 lbs this week!

Finally it was time for the 97th meeting of the Lone Star Showdown...Texas verses A&M. My mom's side of the family is all Longhorns so it's sort in the blood. My Stepbro and his wife are Aggies...



which they got to watch a few seconds of the game via Skype.

We didn't watch too much of the first half of the game, I knew it wasn't going to be pretty for us. I also knew that if we were going to win it would be because of the 2nd half. While we have struggled with having a QB that can pass the ball, the Ags have struggled to hang on during the 2nd half of the game. Which is exactly what happened. The Ags have up 10 points in the 3rd due to turnovers. They did score with 1:25 left in the game, taking the lead by one point. McCoy managed to pass the ball down the field before he made a huge rush putting us in great field goal range. By this point I was the only one in the house awake so when Tucker made the field goal winning the game my excitement came in the form of a muted happy dance.

It makes me sad that our rivalry is over and that I never got the chance to watch it live. All I have to say is I hope yall have fun in the SEC, good luck against those top 3 teams!

Now I'm about to tackle this...



more on this tomorrow.

Till then,
Belle

PS To all my favorite law students HAPPY MERRY STUDY BREAK!

No comments:

Post a Comment