Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The first run is the deepest

Good morning! How was your Monday? Mine was wonderful! I ran, ran some errands for the family I nanny for, and ended the evening watching Big Bang Theory Season 2.

Yesterday was a sunny high of 55 degrees of course it was several degrees colder at 10am when I went for my run. I have a few friends who hate running in the cold. I love it! I'd much rather run in 45 degree weather than the 98 degrees with a heat index of 115 that H-Town experiences during the summer. So I suited up, readied Daisy (the iPhone), and off I went.

This week I'm alternating between running 60 seconds and walking 90 seconds. The downside to this is that I'd much rather the 9 minutes consecutively than starting and stopping. Overall the alternating time was easy so I'm going to spend the next couple weeks to work on my form. My friend Larry over at Welcome to Mayberry R.F.D. went running with me one day awhile back and informed me that my form was horrific. Apparently I don't pick up my feet enough. I spent yesterday feeling like I was doing butt kicks the whole way but this gave me the "wheel" motion needed. So hopefully muscle memory will take over in the next couple of weeks.

Well that's about it for my first day of running. I'm off to a cycle class with an amazing instructor I haven't taken a class from in quite awhile! I'll leave you with a picture of the "hill" I ran. I figured might as well include some inclines now plus it was such a pretty day!


Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment