Saturday, October 29, 2011

Workout Workshop

A couple weeks ago I got text from my manager, "Call me asap." First thought, "What could I have possibly have done?" Turns out our club had been given a NCSF certification by corporate and I was chosen to receive it. In order to be a Master Trainer one must have three different certification so NCSF will be number two for me. Not going to lie when I was told about receiving the cert I inwardly groaned...it meant taking that BIG test again. The one that I struggled so much to pass just for my first cert. But here is how the day ended up going...

Bright and early, armed with textbook, workbook, and Starbucks; I headed down to our corporate office for day one of the workshop.  There I met up with these two...


Kat, who works in our Service department, and her husband Sal. It was great having friendly faces to chat with and be workout partners with. The first part of the day was spent at desks learning about nutrition, health constrictions, and assessments. After lunch we worked on IDing imbalances, how to correct them, and learning proper form for basic leg exercises. 


Sal doing a Bench Negative Leg Curl


Kat doing a Negative Glute Hamstring Raise

The last six months has been a huge learning curve so I'm now seeing the same material from the view of someone who has been in the industry. I know what it's like to have a client who has never step foot in the gym and to have a client who has been doing exercises wrong for years. Having clients who have a lot of weight to lose and with only a few pounds. All of which have different challenges. This class also covered some things that I felt weak in. Also NCSF looks at somethings, like assessments, slightly different than The Cooper Institute.

I'm just excited to be a trainer and continue to learn about my industry. And when it comes to the test I was surprised how much I was remembering. I plan on taking that sucker asap! Which will mean I will be a CPT 2. Tomorrow we go over Program RX, which I am going to be interested at how that present it.

Happy weekend!
Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment