Saturday, February 12, 2011

Tales from the Weight Loss Road: Week 5

Happy Saturday! Are you having a relaxing day? IDK if relaxing is the word I'd use for my day I was up at 6am...eventful is a bit more accurate. I'll get to that in a bit.

I wasn't really on planning on posting today but I felt like this week has been the perfect example of a lesson learned on the WL road.

This pic is from my graduation pics. There isn't really anything special to tell you about it...other than its 10 months into my WLJ. With 10 months of being on WW you experience many challenges and struggles. For me I had to learn how to eat while working in youth ministry...yea I took a cooler and a bunch of food to deal with the fried camp food. You learn when it's best for you to get your workouts in...post school/work...forget trying to be me in the gym early in the morning. Or in the case of this week a lack of time to exercise and eat properly.

Week 5: Be prepared for "off" weeks!

The last couple of weeks have been stressful. I was suppose to take my PT test last Friday. However I got sick Thursday and moved it to this morning. So last week and this week have been test mode...i.e. every spare moment has been spent studying. Which has left little to no time for workouts or time to cook. My meals of consisted of what I could scrounge up, meals out (like last weekend where I worked a DNow and we ate out all weekend), and sodium packed frozen meals. Oh and the occasional "I'm out with friends...I'm stressed so I'm going to eat that big burger and side of fries." I think two lessons can really be learned in the last couple of weeks.

1. When you have off weeks be mentally prepared for the consequence. Know that you may not lose...or as in my case this more than likely...gain back a lb or two. It's ok. Life happens. You won't always be able to get workouts in because a huge project at work is coming up. The holidays hit and you find yourself at too many company parties. Does that mean every time a busy season of life comes you forget everything you've learned on your WLJ? No! I've had busy season on my journey where I have maintained or lost...but sometimes you do gain back. The key is to understand that, if you do gain, when things calm down it's time to hit the gym again. It's time to start skipping that bowl of pasta and Alfredo (yea I did that one last night). It's time to move on!

2. When things get rough food should not be the answer. I think we have all heard that one. Whether we do it ourselves or heard of people turning to food when they are stressed or depressed. I'm still struggling with that one. I'd still much rather turn to food than the one thing in life that can really give peace during the stress and joy during the gloom and that's Christ. When you've accepted Christ's free gift of salvation we can depend on Him for everything instead of trying to do it ourselves. I love Psalm 59:16 "But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble." I defiantly could have done a better of depending on God being my fortress and refuge this week.

Oh and by the way I PASSED my test this morning! I'm a certified personal trainer! Praise God!

The road is bumpy and sometimes you loop around but you will get there!

Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment